Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Pregnant Woman & The Broken Couch (A Sad Story)

This is the sad story of a pregnant woman who sat on a couch and broke it.

When I was at my moms house on Saturday, after dinner was finished, I took the chance on hitting the couch for some R & R and to put my feet up. My mom has a regular couch and a 2 seater love seat in her living room. I sat in the 2 seater and the seats fold out to put your feet up, so I did. What happened afterwards was by no means my fault, intentional or malicious. (Insert lawyer ad copy, fine print and syntax here)

When I went to get up I couldn't close the recliner seat. So I wiggled my way out of the couch and stood up. I tried kicking the foot rest a couple of times so it would pop back into place and lock itself in. To no avail. My dad came over and gave it a couple of good kicks too, but the foot rest would not close up and lock in place. It took my dad and my cousin Mark to turn over the couch, close the foot rest up and then hog tie it in place so that it wouldn't re-open.

How embarrassing! Sorry Mom & Dad. Not intentional. I blame it on Sophia. It is all her fault. She did it. LOL I will have to make sure I tell her this little story when she is older. Sounds like she will owe Grandma Rosemary and Grandpa John a new couch!

No comments: