Monday, December 19, 2011

Extended Family Christmas At My Moms

On Saturday Dan and I went to my mom's house for the extended family Christmas we do every year the weekend before Christmas. It was great. Everyone was there. We had some killer appetizers and dinner was so special. My sister Kim had just aced her culinary school finals and wanted to put them to good use. She made chicken Marsala, beef tenderloin trussed with mushrooms and goat cheese, orange marmalade carrots, green bean shallots, Asian pear and goat cheese salad plus so much more. I ate myself into a nap! LOL It was great. We did our normal white elephant gift exchange and I got this nifty snack dispenser.


Can't wait to bring it to work and share it with my team. We can always use a snack pick me up during the day. It will be perfect and it will definitely come in handy. Dessert was decadent. German chocolate cake, cheesecake, petit fours, checkerboard cake, ice cream, bon bons, dutch apple pie, apple cranberry tart, the list just keeps getting longer. And they were so delicious. Yummy. I was so full I slept the whole way home. Yikes. Give the pregnant woman some food, maybe we can knock her out and cow tip her. LOL

No comments: