Sunday, January 29, 2012

Going Home Day




I was exhausted.Sophia had kept me up all night Thursday night. I had to sleep. I just had to sleep. So I took a nap around 9am and slept till about 11:30am. When I awoke, Dan was sitting at the edge of my bed starring at me. It was kind of creepy. He said are you awake I need to talk to you. I was instantly in a panic. He said Sophia was fine, then I asked about myself and he said I was fine. He said because I was doing so well recovering the Dr. had signed off on my discharge papers the night before and we were supposed to leave the hospital on Friday instead of Saturday. Discharge is at 11:00am everyday. It was now 11:30am. OMG!! Crap!! Pack the bags we've got to go. If we stay the insurance wont cover it. Oh no! Dan said to calm down. That because of the mix up and them not telling us we could take our time getting ready and packing up no big deal. OMG! What a scare. Dan had taken the liberty of packing his car with as much as he knew he could pack. Dan had been driving his car back and forth to and from the hospital since he slept each night at the house. The problem was the car seat was installed properly and was in my car. So while I finished signing paperwork, ordering my prescriptions, packing and cleaning up, Dan went back to the house, dropped off his car and unloaded it, picked up my car and headed back to the hospital. Lunch came and I took the liberty of sitting down to relax and eat. Dan finished packing the car, I packed up Sophia, we went down stairs to the pharmacy in my wheelchair, picked up my prescription, brought the car up from valet, packed ourselves in and headed home to start our new life as a family.......just the 3 of us.

No comments: