Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Elevator Is Falling, The Elevator Is Falling!!!!!

Yup, that's right. There are a few fears that every pregnant woman has. Delivering in an elevator, getting in a car accident, losing a baby or the baby coming out as an alien. We have all had these fears and nightmares, thank goodness many of us have never had to experience any of these things. Until yesterday...... Yesterday I really thought I was going to deliver in the elevator in my building on the way down after work. You see, I got stuck in the elevator 2 days before my new due date (1/11/12).

I got in the elevator at about 4:50pm. I hit P for Plaza to go to the lobby. When I got to the lobby, the bell dinged but the doors didn't open and then the elevator shock a little and fell a bit (not by much) and then settled. It then went up to the 4th floor (which I had not told it to do) dinged again and the doors once again did not open. Then I didn't go anywhere at all. It just stayed there at the 4th floor. The floor buttons were not lit up so I hit P for plaza again. The elevator slowly went to the 1st floor, the bell dinged again and the doors finally opened. I ran out of the elevator as fast as I could. My heart was racing, my stomach was in my throat, I started cramping right away from the stress, I was breathing heavy and I was scatter brained.

I went over to the security desk and filed an incident report with them and then left to go home. Upon arriving home all I wanted was a hug from my husband. A realllllllllllllllly long hug hello. I didn't want to let go. I was so frazzled. Needless to say I still had to go to work today and yes I did take the elevators up to my floor. What's worse is I got the same elevator! YIKES!!!

One more day to go at work until my orignal maternity leave date. Maybe I will take the stairs tomorrow.

No comments: