Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Nicknames......

Everyone has a nickname. Ones we like, ones we don't like. Terms of endearment and terms for ridicule. Growing up I remember my mom being emphatic about making sure she gave each one of us girls our own nickname so people would call us by that rather than making up a nickname for us. I was Pamela therefore Pam, then there was Cynthia therefore Cindy and finally there was Kimberly therefore Kim. Little did she know people would make up nicknames regardless.

I was thinking earlier this week as to what nickname I would call Sophia. As a small child I remember an animated cartoon on the Disney Channel entitled The B.F.G. (The Big Friendly Giant). In the cartoon the main female characters name is Sophi. I just loved the way that name rolled off of my tongue. So precious, so pretty, so feminine. So Sophi it is. But for terms of endearment, that's a whole other story. It's Fall and Harvest time. The leaves have been changing colors and pumpkins are out. Pumpkins, hmmmmmm. Pumpkins. I like that. How about Punkin' (Punk-in) slang for pumpkin. Yeah that's it. She's going to be my little punkin'. Daddy has already chosen princess for his nickname for her. And now I have mine.

No comments: