Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Jealous Dog

We have a 20 pound Pug named Bandit. He is 11 years old. I have had him since he was 2. He was a rescue dog of sorts. He has always been good with other pets, people and kids and still is. He has been fantastic with Sophia and seems to be very protective of her so far. But I have to admit, I know he is jealous. Bandit normally curls up and sleeps right next to me at night on the bed. I have not been allowing him to do that since Sophia got here because of the c section. I am still very bruised and sore and my stitches are still hurting. I am afraid he will roll over onto me in the middle of the night and I cant chance that. So I make him sleep at the edge of the bed and I think he feels like he is being punished.



He loves to sit in my lap during the day as well. That got a little hard to do towards the end of my pregnancy as I got so big and there was little lap left! LOL Now there is more lap available it is just sore and I have to be very careful where he sits and how hard he leans up against me and my stitches. I get that Bandit does not understand any of this but he knows something is up. I just feel bad that things are not normal for him around here and he has a new alien in the house to deal with to boot. He has got to be jealous. So as I sit here writing this to you, Dan has Sophia and I have the dog..... curled up, in my lap, asleep. Its ok Bandit, mommy loves you!

No comments: