Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

We went over to Grandpa John's house on Saturday to celebrate Father's Day and Dan and I wanted to tell my mom and dad the good news. I had bought 2 bibs. One that said I love my grandpa and one that said I love my grandma. I rolled them up and stuck them into toilet paper rolls and then wrapped them like party poppers. When we got to their house I told them we needed to get the party started properly and kick it off with some party poppers. They opened them and thought they were really cute. The first thing out of my moms mouth was, "This is perfect. Now we have bibs here at the house when your sister sends Faith over. Since she's eating solid food now these will come in real handy". Ugh- so anticlimactic. Cindy got it, Roy got it, Kim got it. So Roy took charge and said hay that's kind of weird, why would Pam and Dan give you guys bibs that say I love grandpa and I love grandma for Faith? Faith's not their kid! It took a while and we started getting blank stares so I shouted out We Are Pregnant! Oh, OHHHHHHH! was the response. Hugs all around and congratulations across the board we were finally in full swing of Father's Day.

On a personal note: to all of the Dad's and soon to be Dad's out there Happy Father's Day! You are such an important part of your kids' lives. We learn so much from you. Thank you for all you do for us, from the bottom of my heart!

No comments: