Friday, March 2, 2012

Surprise........It's Date Night!!!

I received a wonderful gift this past Saturday night. My mother in law and father in law surprised Dan and I with tickets to Sushi Fest at their favorite sushi restaurant while we were in Northern California. It was a special event night with a band, all you can eat everything on the menu, beers and sake and raffles with prizes. And this included the in laws babysitting for us to boot!!! Wow!!! How surprised was I am how bad Dan and I both needed this.



We were dropped off at the restaurant and the band was already playing. The sushi chefs were chopping and cooking a mile a minute and the beer was flowing. They even imported a sake barrel which they opened the traditional ceremonial way by cracking it open with wooden mallets. The ambiance was great. It was definitely loud with the band but it was awesome. I wouldn' t have taken it any other way. The baby was taken care of and I was out with my other baby, life was good!

I ate my body weight in sushi as this was the first time I had had sushi since the pregnancy and delivery. I even went so far as to have a beer.....Kiran of course. It was great to get away, to sit and talk and enjoy each others company and be adults even if it was just for a few hours. And what was even more cool..... it was one of those sushi restaurants with the moat in the middle surrounding the sushi chefs table and it had the boats in it delivering our food. I JUST LOVE THAT!!! (insert sheepish childlike grin here- it doesn't take much to make me happy LOL)




All in all it was a good night and the baby was good for Gammie and Poppa too! Ahhhhhhhh. A little sigh of relief and a tid bit of relaxation. Just what he Dr. ordered.

No comments: