Wednesday, June 22, 2011

We're not out of the woods yet.....

I mentioned in an earlier post that I haven't had any morning sickness regardless of what time of day it is. I guess I should have held my tongue. For the past 3 days I have felt like I have been hanging out on a very small dingy in very rough waters. I know week 9 is a huge milestone: fingers and toes are becoming more defined, the sex of the baby has been decided and the sex organs are growing this week, the baby is beginning to fidget and move ever so slightly, taste buds are forming and dimples are appearing where knees and elbows will eventually form. Oh how beautiful this all is.... until you realize that because of a major surge in hormones this week to make that all happen the mom-to-be is going to feel like her stomach has been turned inside out. Welcome to my world! Thank goodness for Ginger Chews (I swear by them!!!!!), ginger ale, and sea band wrist bands. It's only for a week or so give or take but I have to hand it to my mom counterparts who have morning sickness and nausea for a full trimester or the entire time, you are all Super Women wearing a cape. I have no idea how you do it.

No comments: